Pages

Friday 17 June 2016

Morphe products - Are they really worth the hype?! Honest Review + Swatches

Morphe seems to be one of the latest brands currently storming the beauty world. With over 2.8 million followers on Instagram and stockists all over the world, it was hard to resist posting a full length review on whether or not this hype was really necessary!

If you haven't heard of Morphe by now, they sell variations of makeup palettes and brushes, and have now expanded there range to lip creams, concealers and more!

REVIEW AND SWATCHES



My first ever Morphe purchase was over a year ago! The classic 35W palette, filled with 35 warm toned neutral eyeshadow shades, varying from creams and browns to blacks, purples and oranges.


I have always loved this palette. It cost me £15.95 which i though was a reasonable price for 35 large pans of colour. I found the shadows to blend nicely and the colour pay off was nice too. I occasionally use Fix Plus, to brighten up some of the metallic colours as certain ones had less pigmentation than others, but to be honest i use fix plus with any metallic shadow i ever use!

After wearing this palette to death, and playing around with eye looks over on Instagram, i was kindly sent a package by the Morphe Team, containing all different palettes and brushes. I am not being paid to write good things nor to promote there products! I am writing this review as a honest customer (also a very lucky one!).

My Top 3 from the Palette.

The 35B palette is completely the opposite to any neutral palette you will ever see. I personally think this palette contains every single colour that you would have missing from your collection. The colours range from blacks and whites to all different shades of greens, purples,
reds and more!



I also love this palette. It is mostly matte however the couple of shimmer colours that are in the palette need that spray of Fix Plus to really pop. I can't really fault this palette, for the prize and size it's really efficient!



Moving onto possibly the companies most popular seller, the brushes. 

I have been testing the brushes for over 3 months now (almost everyday). A few of the brushes are hit and miss. When i first begun using them, i noticed a few were shedding bristles, which i had never encountered before. This was mildly annoying but luckily over time, the shedding stopped, and i haven't had any hairs fall out in over 2 months.

Some brushes i have found less use for, however others have become my holy grails, and have joined my trusty Nanshy brushes in my all time favourite brushes!

I particularly love the (MB23 and the M462). The MB23 is the biggest, fluffiest, EASIEST, blending brush i have ever used (knocks about 5 minutes of arm ache off a smokey eye!)

MB23
M462


MAKEUP LOOKS USING MORPHE

Using the Morphe 35W Palette!

Morphe 35B Palette

Morphe 35W Palette


I rate this brand, i really do! The qualitys of the shadows are not quite at the top with Too Faced, but definitely come next in my opinion, and second place is oh so fine by me!

I think for the price you pay, and the fact that they stock regularly on UK sites, is worth it! The pans are large, and there are so many different palettes there are colours available for everyone. I have also tried the blush and bronze palettes which are unreal. The quality of these is even better than the shadows, and these range usually at between £15 and £20. Also certain brushes (hint hint MB23) have made my life complete!

Have a little nosy around Beauty Bay, they stock alot of the Morphe collection:
http://www.beautybay.com/morphebrushes/   

Thankyou so much for reading. How have you found Morphe as a company? Let me know below!



Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment