Pages

Friday 27 November 2015

NEW Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr Creamy Mattes Review!

Maybelline have recently added two new Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows to their already brilliant collection! Unlike the original colour tattoo's with added shimmer and metallic tones, these new duo are completely matte.



The first colour is Creme De Nude, a typical nude colour which is supposed to be a very good dupe for the MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre and the second colour is Creme De Rose which is supposed to be a dupe for the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.

These two were £4.99 each from Boots and took a couple of shopping trips to finally find pots that were in stock/didn't have dirty finger prints inside and all over the lid!


Creme De Nude: When this was first swatched on the back of my hand when i arrived home it came out very orange toned. I was expecting more of an exact flesh colour, but with me being so pale i let this slide and decided too see how it looked on my lid. When applied to my lid without primer or moisturiser as a base this cream shadow felt really dry. The colour looked good on my lid though and much less orange now! I then reapplied this onto my lid when i had moisturised before hand and that horrible dry feeling was gone!



I 100% recommend if you have dry skin to wear a moisturiser underneath these! It won't affect the quality of the shadow and will stop it drying out your skin.

Creme De Rose: This is definitely my favourite of the two. It has exactly the same texture and consistency as Creme De Nude. It is a very natural colour and is almost closer than my eyelid colour than the Nude. This can be worn on it's own and creates a gorgeous pinky look to your eyes without making you look like Barbie!



I have worn these on their own and as a primer underneath regular shadows and i can definitely agree that they last! These cream pots simply do not budge which is amazing for the price of £4.99!

Pros:

  • Long lasting
  • Nice, neutral colours
  • Really good primer alternative
  • Affordable 
Cons:
  • Drying if used without moisturiser 

Swatches:





I would 100% buy more of these type of cream shadows if any more new matte colours were released! They are so good for the price and are suchhhh a good alternative to any eye primers i've tried!


Have you tried these before? What do you think! Let me know in the comments,
Chloe



No comments:

Post a Comment