Pages

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Forget general introductions, i'm jumping straight in!

Ok. This is my first ever blog post, and i decided instead of trying to think of facts about my boring self and create an introduction that sounds bad, i would just create my first post on the topic; things i'm already loving in 2015! However whilst i was writing the above sentence i realised this is technically an introduction that i have completely done what i said i was not going to do! Ooooops. Anyways, here is my actual post!

 THING'S I AM LOVING ALREADY IN 2015!


BROW PRODUCTS
This year i have gone craaazy for brow items. Maybe its because i decided to pluck my naturally thick, potentially beautiful eyebrows because i thought they looked like caterpillars. Now i barely have two worms draped across my eyelids, so have to rely on products to fill them in!









ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS DIPBROW - CHOCOLATE - £15.99 - BEAUTY BAY
 I ordered this product around Christmas time and i just love it. When it first arrived i thought it would have a gel like texture however this product is a mix between a wax/gel and a mousse. You literally need the smallest amount of product ever, it goes such a long way. I like to use an angled brush and use this product lightly to fill in and shape my brows. The colour chocolate is fairly dark, so i use smaller amounts for the daytime and would use a heavier hand for an evening look. If i had to rate this pot of amazing-ness out of ten, it would definitely be a 10! It lasts me all day without budging and the pot is lovely to look at with its glass curves and gold embellishment on top.




SOAP AND GLORY BROW ARCHERY - BROWNIE POINTS - £10.99 - BOOTS
 I trawled through 3 Boots in 3 different towns to find my shade in this product and i have to say i'm impressed! The pen end is nice and natural yet gives my eyebrows perfect shape, and the crayon end fills in my sparse areas very nicely! It doesn't stay on for as long as the ABH Dipbrow however it gives a more natural eyebrow look as you can almost draw in hairs with the fine tipped pen end. I would definitely rate this a strong 9 out of 10.





MAKEUP REVOLUTION FOCUS AND FIX BROW KIT - LIGHT/MEDIUM - £2.50 - SUPERDRUG
 I loveeeee makeup revolution. Its so cheap which is amazing and the products it brings out are exact dupes for high end makeup wooohooo. I brought this kit after my trusty ELF one ran out. I found that the two light shades in this pallette even though they looked perfect to create a natural brow look were just too orange toned for my brows. The dark brown shade worked nicely though topped with the gel. I think this pallette however offers good value for money as it is only £2.50 and maybe i should have brought it in the darkest shade. I would rate this 7 out of 10 though as the colour and gel i did use, were nice.




 ELF STUDIO EYEBROW KIT - DARK - £3.95 - ELF.CO.UK
 This kit was my life saver after my brow disaster. It was the first one i ever brought and its just perfect! The gel is long lasting and well pigmented and the powder sets the brow ever so nicely and gives a natural full brow effect. It lasts a good day on my face without top-up's and the colour matched my eyebrows well! This definitely deserves a 9/10.





  LIP PRODUCTS
I'm not usually 100% into lip products as my lips are the shape of a worn out cushion. They are fairly thin and have no shape whatsoever, therefore when i apply lipstick it looks like i have missed the edges and tried too hard to create a Kylie Jenner lip. However after months of crying and searching for Tanya Burr's lipglosses, i found them in Tesco! Superdrug were sold out of the colours i wanted. Initially i wanted to buy I found Nemo and Lunch Date however they are so popular they were to be found NOWHERE :(. I settled for just peachy instead. Just peachy appeared very light on online reviews and videos and i thought it would not be one for me, however looking at it in the bottle, my nude loving self (not being naked, nude as in lip colours!) picked it up and took it home. When i first applied it i though oh dear this is far too light however i then applied it under my staple lip product MAC Blankety, and fell in love! It gave gloss and shine to my favourite lip product and matched perfectly, it also tasted so sweet and was not at all sticky.

                                         

EYE PRODUCTS

YOUNIQUE 3D MOONSTRUCK MASCARA - £12-99 - £17.99 - VARIOUS SITES
 When my mum brought me this controversial mascara for Christmas i was so excited. Even after seeing millions of reviews ranging from ;clumpy spider lashes, to amazing long lashes. I was so ready to see whether this was worth the hype or not. When i opened the transplanting gel i was fine, it looked like thick regular mascara. When i opened the 3D fibers however, i was terrified. The brush literally was full of tiny little hairy particles and the thought of them settling on my eyeball was gross. However i went through with it and lovedddd it! If you apply too many coats or too many fibers it does give quite a clumpy effect however if you apply it in thin layers and brush through your lashes with a lash comb each time, it lengthens lashes to the max! My naturally short lashes have never looked better and i would recommend this to anyone!



URBAN DECAY NAKED 2 PALLETTE - £38.00 - URBAN DECAY OFFICIAL WEBSITE Yaaaaay! I love this pallette with all of my heart haha. I asked for this from family for Christmas as my first ever naked pallette and was not disappointed. The packaging felt all smooth and glossy and when i opened it i almost made a silly little girl squeal noise (eeeeeeee) This is a lovely eyeshadow pallette. The colours are so neutral yet pretty, my favourites are YOK and HALF BAKED. The colours in this pallette range from deep black to creamy creams, with neutral browns and taupes filled with shimmer in the middle. I wear these eyeshadows with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and they do last all day! The colours are highly pigmented and are great for any occasion.



  FACE PRODUCTS
 I was going to feature foundations in this post however to get the perfect ones i use, it was a veryyy long story so i will leave that for another time, and go in with my go to highly original (not) powder. RIMMEL STAY MATTE POWDER - 004 SANDSTORM - BOOTS 3.99 After seeing millions of reviews of this powder and never ever buying it i can safely say after i brought it last weekend i can see why people love it. It silky soft, smooth, cheap and gives a gorgeous matte finish to my face. I was previously using my elf pressed powder which i loved however it crumbled in my makeup box and left an skin toned mess everywhere. The Rimmel one is lovely though. My skin is paler than pale and the translucent shade was out of stock but sandstorm is great!

                                          




 Looking back up this post i cannot decide whether it is about 6 pages long and boring as anything, or pretty reasonable for a first attempt. Please let me know! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment